Thursday, October 6, 2011

Tripp's off to Nursery School

We just toured the Nursery School on base for Tripp. It right across the street from Marc's office.  The government here pays for 15 hours a week of nursery school or 3 hours a day 5 days a week. The Mama in me wants to keep him home and is sad to see my little man growing up! The little guy needs to enjoy playing with other kids and learning from others so... off we will send him to his first school adventure!

There are some really unique parts of the curriculum like, a vegetable garden where they learn to harvest plants, pet bunnies that they can play with, no playground equipment - only tubs and tires and natural things to inhibit a greater imagination. When we toured the younger rooms it was nap time and I saw caregivers sitting on the floor rubbing children's backs or holding their hands to get them to sleep and that just makes the Mommy in me happy.  I wish that it was a biblical based school like the preschool we had him signed up for in Omaha but it's not- and I can live with that- it's our job to make sure he learns that in the home anyway- and we haven't been able to find a church here yet. We're still trying to find our way to the grocery store!

Lately, I've tried the homeschooling approach because I know he needs to start learning a little structure and Vida loves it. She sits still and giggles, Tripp won't sit for two seconds and then he wants to go play trains or color on his face.

When we walked in the school today he was shy, and hid behind my let, Mr. Personality... shy?!!?! I guess he's aware of growing up as much as I am. If I could, I would let him hang out with me here forever but I know I must let him go and explore parts of this world on his own and maybe, just maybe I'll be able to get a workout in during his three hours of school!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word, I love that they have a vegetable garden and natural playground...that place sounds amazing. He is going to do super great. Even if it takes him a while to warm up, he will. Praying that he flourishes there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be SO great for Tripp & YOU too!! Nursery school (I'm assuming that's what they call it in the UK :) has many positives for all of you. Tripp will make friends, learn new things, & explore a new world around him! You will be able to spend extra quality time with Vida & maybe a little mama time! :))

    ReplyDelete