Thursday, September 23, 2010

Another door closed...

You know those things you say you'll NEVER do... yet, somehow, as fate would have it, you usually end up doing EXACTLY what you said you'd never do- and surprisingly you are totally okay with it.

I swore, long before I ever had kids, that I would NEVER let my house be overtaken by my children. It was my house before they were here and they would learn to live around my belongings. They would know, you don't touch the $25 candles I have burning on the coffee table, you don't put your hands on mirrors, you don't leave your toys out so that it is apparent that there's a child in the house.


Hmmmm. I OBVIOUSLY had no children and no clue!

Well, my house is over-run by toys, there are finger prints not only on the mirrors but also on the walls, and every window; where you can also see mouth and nose prints from giving the windows strawberries.

My office, the one place I decorated just like I wanted.

The room with all of our diplomas and achievements framed on the walls.

The one room that was a reminder of who I "used" to be.

Well, it's now the room that our baby girl Vida will call home.

As I packed up our diplomas, awards, our before kids items. I realized that although it's a past I'm glad I lived, I'm much happier with my snotty windows and finger-printed walls.

And our dining room- well, the fancy dishes and nice decanters are also resting in a corner of the basement as well.

The dining room now serves as Tripp's playroom where fancy dishes are replaced by super cool Thomas trains and decanters are obsolete to racetracks and Hot Wheels and fancy dinners now involve paper plates onTV trays and a good Pixar movie.

So, bye-bye office and formal dining room. You have now been demoted to a corner in my unfinished basement to collect dust. And, I don't think I'll have much time to visit you- except to maybe send out emails and updates about my kiddos or maybe to pull out a turkey platter and fancy dishes for Thanksgiving.


Here we go AGAIN! Two days after Tripp's bedroom redo, I'm cleaning out the office and dining room.



Make room for Vida! 





Moving day! And my mom and stepdad will be at our house to visit in a few HOURS!!!



Tripp's enjoying the chaos!



One more piece to move and it's time for the toys!!!



Vida's room. Still a work in progress- but ready for her if she arrives early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment