Saturday, July 10, 2010

SOS


Tripp waiting for the graduation ceremony to begin.


Marc and his flight receiving their award. We had to sit in the last row so they are barely visible! 

We've been in Alabama for the last month at SOS, Squadron Officer School. Don't know much about it except that there are a lot of papers, a lot of PT, and lots of team building activities, as well and many late nights and early mornings.

Marc survived a torn hamstring. Thanks to someone's bright idea to do sprints first thing in the morning. Ouch! But he is on the mend and feeling much better! He loved his flight and we went out and did lots of fun things with all of them. His flight won the "Chief of Staff" award and I'm not sure what that entails but I know he was happy!

I survived many late nights of typing and frustration over paper topics, while trying to get Tripp to sleep (in the same bed!) Although it was hot, and I was pregnant- THERE WAY A CHICK-FIL-A! I made numerous stops there- had to get my fix!

I also enjoyed going to see Eclipse with two girls that were in Marc's flight. And it was GOOD! Oh, so, good!!! Still Team Edward!

Tripp enjoyed the playground right outside our door.

The indoor playroom with all the kids.

And sleeping in the bed with Mommy and Daddy. Oh yes... that's right! HE would not sleep in his Pack 'n Play because he discovered how to climb out. So, we tried the pull out couch. Nope! He kept crawling in bed with us every night. Eventually, he made his way into our bed and the three of us slept in a queen size bed, all snuggled up together for over a month!

I am SOOO happy to be home and I am patiently adjusting him back to sleeping in his bed without mommy and daddy. Phew!

He also enjoyed his first baseball game! The Montgomery Buscuits. I enjoyed all the yummy stadium food and especially the boiled peanuts!

Vida was a trooper, I had a ton of energy and totally forgot I was preggo until my clothes started to shrink!  I stocked up on some cute prissy clothes while in AL. Can't wait to see her in them in a few months!

We made it home! Alabama was definitely an adventure! It was HOT, humid and very cramped but we enjoyed every minute! What a wonderful memory for our family!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the preview. I am starting to think about what I need to pack to keep two active boys busy for 5 weeks. Way to go, Marc for winning an award!!!!

    ReplyDelete