Saturday, November 14, 2009

Poop?!!!

Why is it that when a child is teething they constantly poop??? Oh my goodness, I am so tired of changing pooey diapers on the hour- I think I could scream! Last night, I  got Tripp out of the bath and let him "air out" of a minute since he has a bad case of diaper rash from all the pooing. I go into the kitchen to make him a sippy cup with milk, turn around to walk back out, and within the 20 second window return to see me bare naked child with a lovely small, yet sufficient pile of poo resting on my carpet! WHAT????

Soap, water, scrubbing, abra-ca-dabra- all gone. Poo free.

So I thought... I put Tripp to bed, kiss him goodnight and turn out the light. 30 minutes later, I hear him babbling and fussing. Thinking- hmmm maybe he pooed AGAIN. I get him out of bed and check him- looks good. Maybe we'll just snuggle on the couch for a minute. As I am snuggling with Tripp in his big boy Thomas the Train jammies, I keep getting wafts of poo. Did I not get it all out of the carpet. Is there a trail somewhere? Where is that coming from? A few sniffs later and I trail down to Tripp's heel. How the heck did I miss that when I cleaned poo accident #1? A brief sniff to the left and I find poo accident number two.

Okay- the child has a diaper ON this time. How in the heck did he manage to expel it from his diaper, down his pant let and onto the floor where he proceeded to happily bound around my living room and couch? I am baffled...and now I am paranoid that I missed a pile and will find in tomorrow or when I have a guest over wondering why my house smells like poo. Can you imagine, "I'm so sorry you just sat in a poo plop! Tripp pooped all over the house yesterday. I thought I got it all up. Oops." Oh the plight of the poo!!!

1 comment:

  1. You need to update your blog so I don't have to think about poop everytime I check it. :o)! Love from across town.

    ReplyDelete